Friday, May 16, 2008

Life is GOOD!!

I'm so proud of Adam for blogging while I was still in the hospital!! :) As Adam stated, labor was long and hard and ended in a suprise c-section :( According to the doctors, she didnt want to come out that way either. They had to use the suction on her twice to get her wedged out of my pelvis withouth breaking her neck. Unfortunatly the epidural didnt work too well and I felt them cutting me open...three drugs later and I was out. It definatly wasnt the c-section you see on TLC where whe husband and wife are holding hands, talking, and smiling at each other anticipating the new arrival. Instead, Adam comes in after some of the drugs are taking effect and I can't see straight and can feel them cutting me. So it turns out Adam is holding the hands of his unconscious wife and we dont get to experience new life coming into the world together. When Brynnley came out she scored 2 on her apgar scores, the the neonatal team took her to the NICU. Since I was out and they still had to close me up, Adam went with Brynnley to make sure she was alright. After awhile Brynnley came around and the doctors were pleased with how she was improving. Two hours later, I finally start waking up from the drugs...slowly. Adam was able to wheel her in to my recovery room and helped me hold her for the first time. It was a neat experience, but my eyes still couldn't really focus. Adam was wonderful...he is already such a great dad and has done so much for me through labor, the surgery, and recovery.

Aftery the recovery room, I was wheeled into the mother baby unit. I was informed that we would stay at least 3 nights in the hospital. As it turns out, the doctor came in early wednesday morning and after his exam, told me that I could stay in the hospital for another night, or I could go home a day early!!! Well, since Adam is so tall and had to sleep on the most uncomfortable bed, and I wasn't comfortable in my bed either...we decided to pack it up and go home :)

We are all doing well!! Brynnley has been a champ and is a great baby. She has been nursing great, sleeping well, and is a pretty happy baby (most of the time). Adam is having SOOO much fun with his daugter and has been very helpful. Poor guy had to get up everytime we had to nurse her or change her diaper in the hospital because I couldn't get out of bed. I'm so greatful for such a wonderful and loving husband. As for me, I am starting to feel much better. I can get around without too much hobbling around and am getting better at getting in and out of bed by myself.


Although we had some diffucult times the past few days, we feel so blessed with the outcome and are so grateful for our daughter. LIFE IS GOOD!


On a side note...Adam's mom and sister and my parents all live in SLC. So they jumped in the car to drive up here as soon as they found out I was in labor. They arrived and were able to see Brynnley shortly after being cleared from the NICU. It was so fun to have them there and to share this moment with them. We look forward to the rest of our family members meeting our new little girl and know they are just as excited to meet her. We appreciate everyone's love and support, we are truely blessed.

8 comments:

the Forrest Diaries said...

She is so adorable Noelle! Looking forward on seeing more of that beautiful baby girl.

Denice said...

Yeah that you got to go home early!! I'm so glad that things are going well at home..has it really hit you and Adam yet?!? She is gorgeous!! You got some great pictures too..she is just so sweet!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! That souds so painful! Glad to hear that you're doing better! She is adorable! : )

bentanelle said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is beautiful and we love the name! We are sorry you had such a bad experience! Good luck with the coming days!

Melissa Wilson said...

You blessed woman! She is just beautiful and we wish you the best with your recovery!

Lauren said...

Welcome to the c-section club. You poor thing....I am glad you are feeling better now. It is a great day when you can stand up straight again:)

Tarahh77 said...

Congratulations she is really beautiful!!

Joshua and Tara said...

Congratulations to you all! She is a beautiful baby! We are so happy that you are both healthy and home.