Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well the past couple of days have been great. My (Noelle) parents just left this morning after helping out since the delivery. It was great to have their help, support, and advice; and are glad that they were able to come down.

We took our daughter to the pediatrician yesturday and she is doing fabulous:) She was 7 lbs 5 oz when she was born, 6 lbs 15 oz when she was discharged, and at yesturday's appointment she was 7 lbs 13 oz. The doctor is pleased with her progress and everything seems to be right on track. We dont have to go in for a 2 week appointment since she isnt jaundice and she has passed her original birth weight. She did great at the appointment, too. She sat there butt naked for awhile and didnt cry at all. What a trooper! We did have some good laughs while we were there. As I was undressing her, she pooped in her diaper. I had her lying on a blanket so that the table wouldn't be so cold on her back. Well, I take the diaper off and wipe her off and as soon as I finish, she poops more (all over the blanket)!!! We then put her on the scale where she sat patiently for a minute or so and then peed all over. Well, at least that 2 diapers we didnt have to use.



Adam has been a great husband and dad. He usually takes over one of the night feeding before he goes to bed so that I can get a good chunk of rest. That has been great. He has been great about trying to make me take naps so that I dont get exhausted, even though I try to fight him on this one. It has been so fun watching him interact with her. He's a natural! It's amazing how well he is doing with her, especially since he hasnt had much, if any, baby experience till now.

Here is Adam aftering feeding Brynnley her first bottle


As for me, I am doing great. I had my staples removed on Thursday and the incision looks great. I have been up and about since Thursday!! I still have to take it easy for awhile, but Adam and I were able to go out to dinner and the mall while my parents watched her. I definatly thought recovery would take a lot longer, but I'm not complaining!!

At the Park

We were actually able to do some fun stuff while my parents were in town. The spokane river runs right through the middle of downtown and it GUSHES in the spring due to all the winter run off. Since we had so much snow this winter, there is more water than usual. They are anticipating some possible flooding problems. Anyway, we thought we would go check out the falls and see what all the hype was about. It was amazing how strong and fast the water was flowing. We also went to a nearby park for a little walk and got some cute pictures taken. Thanks mom and dad for coming down, for the meals, yard and car port work, driving me around since I cant, and for all your love and support!!

Grandma, Grandpa, and Brynnley
The Falls downtowon

Adam's family will be coming down in a few weeks and we are looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Denice said...

I can't believe you are going out to the mall..you didn't tell me that!! Cute, cute pictures! She looks so cute in her crib and I LOVE the family picture. So very sweet! Hope to see you soon!

the Forrest Diaries said...

Recovery isn't too terrible. I"m glad everything is going well for you guys. She looks tiny next to Adam...and the family pic is to die for, LOVE IT.

The Strouds said...

Wow Noelle- a baby girl for you too!

Hopefully you remember me... the former Leslie Poll. I remember playing with you at your house lots! Anyway, we have a 6 month old baby girl, Lucy, which came by c-section, so I am feeling you! We should chat soon!

Leslie Stroud

The Oakey's said...

She is already growing up! I was so glad to be able to come see you guys! I hope you are adjusting well, and making adam change some diapers :) I am working on my blog...i just forget i have it! lol i will talk to ya later.

Molly said...

im so happy for you guys! congrats! she is beautiful and her name is so pretty. you look great! i hope your little family is happy and healthy. im gonna put u guys on my blog too. i found yours through amy forrest. :)

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

We love your family pictures. She is just such a cutie! Congratulations. We can't wait to meet her at Christmas!

Oh..and we want to see more pictures please!