Sunday, November 02, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS.....

Our friends, Brad and Sharee Moss, hold an annual Halloween Party at their house. It consists of a haunted house, lots of decorations, yummy food, lots of adults in costumes, overall a good time! So Adam and I decided that we would be Popeye and Olive Oil and Brynn would be Swee' Pea. I had everything figured out that we needed in order to make our costumes a success...then Adam came up with the best idea ever....I would be Popeye and Adam would be Olive Oil. I informed him that he would have to wear a skirt and when he said okay, I went running with it. I found a skirt that was WAY way way too big for him at the thrift store along with a men's red dress shirt. I cut them both apart and turned it into a killer Olive Oil costume. Once his costume was done, I made the Popeye muscles, sailor collar, buttons, etc. We found a cute pea costume for Brynnley and she did look sweet!

Part of the party includes awards given out to the best costumes. The categories are: best overall, funniest, sexiest, most original, and scariest. AND THE WINNER FOR FUNNIEST IS.....OLIVE OIL!!!! Adam even got some votes for sexiest...that is scary :)


Olive Oil, Popeye, and Swee' Pea


Olive and Swee' Pea. (Such a frightening picture!!)



Popeye and Swee' Pea





Brad and Sharee..... A pirate and his Booty (treasure)!!!


Adam took a picuture of the awesome food. We had eyeballs in the punch and salsa, flies on the bloody hand jello, and a green brain with blood all over it!!! There were also some really yummy food that wasn't so gross looking. We've got to say a big thanks to Brad and Sharee for putting everything together. It was a fun night :)


9 comments:

Elise said...

You guys look so great!! Awesome costumes! Happy Halloween!

Melissa Wilson said...

How fun! I need to throw a party like that! You guys look great, i love the costumes!

(that reminds me of the many parties we talked about throwing and then never did... man, we're slackers!)

Lauren said...

How fun! I love the costumes and that Adam was so willing to wear a skirt!

M+J=K3+E said...

You guys look great. She is getting so big and so cute. Hope all is going well.

Gayle Lambert said...

Oh my gosh, Adam in a skirt...thought I'd never see that in my lifetime! I'm glad you had such fun. You did a great job sewing up the costumes. The only better thing would have been to see you both in person! And Brynn was soooooooooooo sweet.

Stephanie said...

Love the costumes!!! : )

The Oakey's said...

Noelle I am impressed! Adam will be expected to cross-dress every Halloween now! You guys look like you had a lot of fun that is for sure! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!

the Forrest Diaries said...

I am very impressed, you guys are so stinkin creative.

Brad and Sharee Moss said...

Thanks for having so much fun with us. Your costumes were awesome!