Thursday, April 07, 2011

My two girls...best friends in the making!

I had Addysen swaddled up an Brynnley wanted me to swaddle her . After I did, she wanted me to take a picture of her and Addy together....so here they are!
Brynn loves holding her little sister.



Adam picked out these jammies for Addysen and I found some matching ones for Brynnley a few weeks later. I had to get a picture of these cute girls in their matching jammies. Brynn thought it was so neat they matched.



I was the youngest in my family and also the only girl. I had two older brother growing up and I loved it, and I also didn't know any different. With that being said, I never knew what it was like to have a sister. I don't think I was ever sad about not having a sister, I was totally happy with the family that I had. Maybe that was because I family was complete and I wasn't meant to have a sister.


Time has passed and now I am a mother of two beautiful little girls. I had no idea what to expect once Addysen was born. I didn't know how Brynnley would react: would she be jealous, would she smother Addy, would she like/hate her?!?! It turns out I couldn't have asked for a better oldest child! Brynn loved Addysen from the moment she laid eyes on her. When Brynn came to visit for the first time in the hospital after Addy was born, she was such a great big sister. She was excited to meet and hold her little sister and was so gentle and nice to her. I am happy to report that things haven't changed. Brynn is always willing to help and knows when to back off a little. She doesn't smother her, but gives her lots of love and attention. Lately I have noticed the bond growing between them. Brynn frequently asks if she can hold Addysen and even invited Addy to cuddle with her when she watches a movie or TV. Addy loves her big sister as well. Yesterday morning I had Addysen on the floor and was talking to her. There was not much expression on her face. Seconds later Brynnley came over and was talking to her...and Addy was smiling ear to ear. Brynn started laughing and Addysen was trying to laugh back ( but she hasn't figured out the laugh yet...just the biggest smile ever.) I feel so blessed that I have such two sweet little girls, and girls who already love each other as sisters. After witnessing just these brief glimpses of what it means to be sisters, I am so excited to watch the little ones grow up together. I know they will be the best of friends. It may seem corny to say this , but I think they already are. Brynn is so patient and sweet with Addy, and Addy in return is always happy to see Brynn and is content to be in her big sister's presense.

4 comments:

Dolores said...

That is so super - We can't wait to meet addy and see you all again. The pictures are darling and i saved them all. Love Gma Dodo

The Oakey's said...

I wish I could say the same. Ryan loves Halle now but he was horrible at first. By the way, Halle has those same jammies too;)

Lauren said...

ADORABLE!

browerfamily said...

You have beautiful little girls!!!